Thursday, March 3, 2011
This week's Dream Schemes is free choice again. My choice was to create a St. Patrick's day card. Those of you visiting my blog from Ireland are probably laughing right now at the "Yanks" fixation on this holiday. We just like to party for just about any occasion. Since I didn't happen to have a shamrock, I decided to go with the "Heart Knot". I just received a packet of Black Leaf from Dreamweaver recently and wanted to play with it. I forgot how fragile this stuff is, and whatever you do...do not have a fan on around it! It will end up everywhere! I chose to use both the negative and the positive of the stencil. First I cut a square of emerald green cardstock. I applied
Palette Glue Pad using a dauber over the stencil. I placed the stencil on the platen of my Big Shot, layered on the green square (which I spritzed the back of with rubbing alcohol), the rubber mat, and the last platen, and ran the whole thing through the embossing machine. This created the embossed image with the glue surrounding it. I then applied a small bit of heat to the adhesive, placed the leafing on top, rubbed a bit, and used a soft brush to removed the excess (save it for later!). After cleaning the glue off of the stencil, I taped it down on the argyle paper. Then I daubed the glue through the stencil, heated it, and applied the leafing to the positive stencil image. The background of the card was embossed with the Diamonds stencil with the added bling of Dot Sparklers. I just happened to have ribbon with shamrocks (had to get that in somewhere!), so added the bow for fun, and to enforce the Irish notion that we "Yanks" are a bit nuts. Why do I suddenly have a craving for corned beef & cabbage, a pint of Guinness, with "Danny Boy" playing in the background? That gotcha, didn't it? LOL. You know you are groaning. All my "Yank" friends are saying, "What? Sounds good to me!" Now it's your opportunity to visit the rest of the team to see what they have been up to this for their free choice, and play along!
"Heart Knot" (LM178)
Palette Glue Pad (GSP)
Variegated Black Leaf (VBL)
Stampendous Class A' Peel "Dot Sparklers" (AC672HSN)
small sentiment stickers
emerald, lime, white cardstock
Recollectons print paper
- ► 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (149)
- ► 2013 (127)
- ► 2012 (173)
- DAMASK, Jim, It's Dream Schemes Thursday!*
- From Jugs to Vases to a Bluebird Landscape?
- Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch #158!
- Celebrate with New Jumbo Clings from Stampendous!
- Triptych of Vases Card
- PLEASE NOTE!
- Dream Schemes Seasonal Sketchiness
- Play Date Cafe and Lizzie Anne Designs! Yippee!
- Iguana Love You Forever
- Ceramic Coasters with Dreamweaver Stencils
- Swingin' into Spring!
- Oh, Baby! It's Lizzie Anne Designs Team Challenge
- "When Irish Eyes are"... DREAM SCHEMING!
- Lizzie Anne Designs Spring Mix Release: It's MOOVE...
- "Why Couldn't It Be 'Follow the Butterflies'?"-Ron...
- "Latte" Love Gift Card Pocket
- Dream Schemes Thursday-Sea Inspiration Card
- On A Roll! LAD Weekly Sketch #155-I Rock!
- Better Late Than Never? Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch...
- Ceramic Coaster Creations
- A Crafting Journey!
- Faith and Begorrah! It's Dream Schemes Thursday Ag...
- Is It Spring Yet?
- Lizzie Anne Designs New March Singles Releases!
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2010 (169)