Monday, March 21, 2011
A couple of weeks ago I posted two coasters in similar colors and patterns done with Stampendous images, and promised to post some created with Dreamweaver Stencils. Well, here they are. Like I said these are very similar in that the background was done the same as the previous two so that they could all go in my living room as a set. The background once again was created with a couple spritzes of Memories Mists in Teal, which I rubbed into the surface before wiping off the excess. I heat set this with my heat tool. (Warning...tile will get very hot and stay very hot!) When cool, I stenciled the images with Black StazOn ink sponged through the stencils onto the surface of the tiles. The dragonfly tile was done with a background of the Flourishes
stencil, with the Dragonfly over the top. The Heart and Key come together on one stencil, but I placed them on the tile differently. Both tiles were heat set again. A little sponging of the black ink around the edges was added and heat set. When cool, I gave both a light spray finish of Krylon matte finish spray. Little felt circles were stuck on the bottom to protect tabletop surfaces from being scratched. As I pointed out in the previous posting, these tiles can be purchased at the big box home stores for under one dollar each. A set of these can make a wonderful gift, or a great craft fair project. Who says stamping and/or stenciling has to be for cards only?
LG672 Heart & Key
MMIR04 Memories Mists Teal
Black StazOn ink from Tsukineko
felt protective dots
Krylon Matte finish spray
- ► 2012 (173)
- DAMASK, Jim, It's Dream Schemes Thursday!*
- From Jugs to Vases to a Bluebird Landscape?
- Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch #158!
- Celebrate with New Jumbo Clings from Stampendous!
- Triptych of Vases Card
- PLEASE NOTE!
- Dream Schemes Seasonal Sketchiness
- Play Date Cafe and Lizzie Anne Designs! Yippee!
- Iguana Love You Forever
- Ceramic Coasters with Dreamweaver Stencils
- Swingin' into Spring!
- Oh, Baby! It's Lizzie Anne Designs Team Challenge
- "When Irish Eyes are"... DREAM SCHEMING!
- Lizzie Anne Designs Spring Mix Release: It's MOOVE...
- "Why Couldn't It Be 'Follow the Butterflies'?"-Ron...
- "Latte" Love Gift Card Pocket
- Dream Schemes Thursday-Sea Inspiration Card
- On A Roll! LAD Weekly Sketch #155-I Rock!
- Better Late Than Never? Lizzie Anne Designs Sketch...
- Ceramic Coaster Creations
- A Crafting Journey!
- Faith and Begorrah! It's Dream Schemes Thursday Ag...
- Is It Spring Yet?
- Lizzie Anne Designs New March Singles Releases!
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2010 (169)