Monday, March 21, 2011

Ceramic Coasters with Dreamweaver Stencils


 A couple of weeks ago I posted two coasters in similar colors and patterns done with Stampendous images, and promised to post some created with Dreamweaver Stencils. Well, here they are. Like I said these are very similar in that the background was done the same as the previous two so that they could all go in my living room as a set. The background once again was created with a couple spritzes of Memories Mists in Teal, which I rubbed into the surface before wiping off the excess. I heat set this with my heat tool. (Warning...tile will get very hot and stay very hot!) When cool, I stenciled the images with Black StazOn ink sponged through the stencils onto the surface of the tiles. The dragonfly tile was done with a background of the Flourishes
stencil, with the Dragonfly over the top. The Heart and Key come together on one stencil, but I placed them on the tile differently. Both tiles were heat set again. A little sponging of the black ink around the edges was added and heat set. When cool, I gave both a light spray finish of Krylon matte finish spray. Little felt circles were stuck on the bottom to protect tabletop surfaces from being scratched. As I pointed out in the previous posting, these tiles can be purchased at the big box home stores for under one dollar each. A set of these can make a wonderful gift, or a great craft fair project. Who says stamping and/or stenciling has to be for cards only?
Dreamweaver Stencils:
LM193 Dragonfly
LJ890 Flourishes
LG672 Heart & Key
MMIR04 Memories Mists Teal

Black StazOn ink from Tsukineko
ceramic tiles
felt protective dots
Krylon Matte finish spray

3 comments:

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Your coasters are great - they make a gorgeous set together!!!
Have a nice day!

Wendy said...

These are super cool Pam!!! Love the innovative idea!! I will have to give this a try!!!

Laura Drahozal said...

VERY cool, Pam! What a great idea. I am inspired!