Design Team Mix Up!
Stampendous and Dreamweaver Stencils. I love when I have opportunity to blend product from different companies into a creation. I used the Dreamweaver "Snowflakes" stencil to create the silvery panel at the base of the card. I used my Foil Technique for this:
1) Follow directions with Big Shot (or other embossing/die cutting machine) for embossing with a stencil to determine which base and plattens you will be using.
2) Place stencil on base and clear pad.
3) Place craft foil face down on top of stencil.
4) Apply spray adhesive to front of cardstock panel to be embossed and foiled. Spritz the back with rubbing alcohol (this will aid in a deeper emboss). Place adhesive side down on top of the foil sheet.
5) Place rubber mat, and second clear pad on top and run through
6) Remove layers and peel off the foil carrier to reveal the foiled and embossed panel. Ta dah! Pretty cool, huh?
Note: if you prefer less foiling, crumple up the foil thoroughly before using it.
Now, back to the rest of the card. I stamped the polar bear on white cardstock, and colored and shaded with my Copic Sketch Markers. Using a fine tipped glue pen, I applied Fun Flock, glitter, and more foil to highlight the image. I added a two different Class A' Peel borders at the top and bottom of the panel, with the foiled panel at the bottom of the card. A ribbon tie holds the stamped and embossed sentiment on an acetate tag. (For info on stamping and embossing on acetate, please read my last blog post.)
Cling "Polar Christmas" set from Stampendous (CRS2044)
"Snowflakes" stencil from Dreamweaver Stencils (LJ819)
Class A' Peel "Dot Scallop Border" in Velvet White from Stampendous (AC724VW)
Class A' Peel "Curly Ribbon" in Silver from Stampendous (AC709S)
Cotton Ball White Fun Flock from Stampendous (FL400)
White Embossing Powder from Stampendous (EP100)
Multi Ultra-fine Crystal Glitter from Stampendous (GM220U)
Thermo Acetate from Stampendous (PC75)
silver craft foil
3M Photo Mount spray adhesive
Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
Sizzix tags die