Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Summertime Birthdays Can Be So Cool!


The Woodware team are celebrating summertime birthdays this week. Since my own birthday is the 24th of June, I qualify. I never liked having a summer birthday growing up, as school was over, leaving me with no chance to treat my class to cupcakes, or to feel like a "big deal" to my classmates. On the other hand, our family vacations were usually right after school was out in June, so my birthday was celebrated on one of our holidays. On one of these, we met up with both sets of grandparents in Montana. My grandmother on my father's side somehow had baked me a chocolate cake, but there were no candles for the top. So my Gran (mother's side) used pink nail polish to paint some matches to stick on top of the cake. I had to blow them out really quick! It was one of my best birthday memories!

Now that I've reminisced, I'll share with you this sweet House Mouse Designs' card that is perfect for a summertime birthday. No chocolate cake here, but there is plenty of icy cold ice cream to be shared! The image is the House Mouse Ice Cream Kitty, and has been colored with markers in yummy sherbet colors, that also happen to match some very bright tags and cording.


For the fun of it, I placed the card in a translucent envelope so that the recipient gets a "sneak peek" at their lovely card. I happened to have the envelope on hand, but you can easily create your own with the Artemio Envelope Template and Vellum Paper.


Yummy! I just had to add a few ice cream drips off the mouse, because...hey! Ice cream can be messy, especially in the summer! I added a very simple sentiment from the Stampendous Birthday Assortment clear stamps on a small part of tag for a unique styling to this card.


Be sure to check the Woodware Witterings blog each day this week for more summertime fun!

No comments: