Woodware: Vintage and Lace


I love to create a vintage look, and this post is no exception...my inspiration being the Clear Scrap Deco Frame. To give the frame some age, I applied Dreamweaver Color Solutions alcohol inks in Aspen Leaf and Creme Brulee to the back of the frame. The front of the frame was stamped with one of the images from the Stampendous' Natalie Kalbach Cling Studio Fiesta set and black StazOn ink. The template that comes with this stamp set is the profile of the man and woman, which I traced onto black cardstock, cut out, and ran through my Big Shot with the Dreamweaver Damask stencil. Some Clearsnap Crafter's Snow ink was swiped over the embossed surface, and the silhouette was adhered to the top of an ink-distressed section of a music sheet. This was then cut to fit the opening and adhered to a piece of acetate cut slightly larger than the opening. I used a decoupage medium to adhere the music section to the acetate. More was brushed over the top, and Stampendous Fran•tagé Mica chips were sprinkled over the wet finish. This was set aside to dry. At this point I shifted my focus to my background.

I knew that I wanted to create a background that would make my framed couple the focal point. I started with a square piece of black chipboard, which I ink-stenciled with the white ink and the Dreamweaver Stripes stencil. A narrow panel of ivory cardstock was ink-stenciled with the Damask stencil again using Dark Cashmere and Venetian Lace die inks from Clearsnap® . Velvet and lace ribbon from was adhered along the edges of this panel. Now I could put the rest of this together...

The acetate piece with the music and silhouette were adhered to the panel. The frame was popped up over the top using dimensional glue dots. To embellish the frame, I stamped the flower image from the Fiesta set multiple times on the scraps of music sheet, and spritzed them with Clearsnap Premium Dye Ink Sprays in Banana and Chocolate. I cut them, loosely following the line of the design, and curled and "smooshed" them  into layered flowers to adhere along the edges. Some plaid ribbon was looped and tied with a piece of twine and a vintage button to add to the frame. The same ribbon was wrapped around the handle of the wood frame. The final touch was two Dreamweaver die cut ovals layered, with the Stampendous Cling Mr. & Mrs. stamped in black ink. This too was popped up on the framed project. Oh, wait...I forgot the most important elements that I added...glue on the edges on the flowers with Stampendous Gold Crushed Glass Glitter for extra vintage charm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woodware: Let's Hear it for the Boys!

Woodware Sketch 52: Pretty Pretty, Pretty Much!

House Mouse Designs® with Friends Across the "Pond"