Dreamweaver Thursday...AMPLIFIED! IMAGINE that!
Does your stamping and stenciling "Go to eleven"*? After this week it sure will! All this week the Stampendous/Dreamweaver team are "amping" up their projects with products from Imagine Crafts®...specifically the new Radiant Neon Amplify inks. Wonderful colors that soften and grow when heated, adding incredible dimension to all your creations! You can learn about them HERE.
As usual there will be fantastic prizes as shown below. All you need to do is visit the Stampendous Blog each day this week, following the links, and leaving comments about what YOU love best!
See Official Contest Rules for details.
Here is what I've "amped" up colorfully for Dreamweaver Thursday, also featuring newly released stencils to the Stampendous Dreamweaver collection...
I played with mixing the new Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko® Radiant Neon Amplify inks with the Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste. Not really mixing them, per se, but doing this...
1. Tape stencils (Dreamweaver Peacock Background and Peacock) to black cardstock with removable tape on all sides.
2. Placing a large dab of Translucent Embossing Paste on the edge of the Paste Spreader, along with a line of the Electric Purple and Electric Blue Amplify inks.
3. As I spread this over the stencil designs, the colors mixed slightly, and will mix even more with each pass of the spreader over the surface. Preferably once or twice only for more separation and less seepage under the stencil.
4. The stencils were removed carefully, and set in water to be cleaned ASAP.
5. The panels were then heated..."amping" up the volume and softening the color slightly. The Translucent Embossing Paste will bubble a bit as it is heated, creating an opaque glass appearance where there is less Amplify and more paste.
6. The large panel of the background was cut in squares to be matted in "Winter Lake" My Colors Cardstock™ by My Mind's Eye®, and adhered inside the three small squares of a black 7 Gypsies Shadowbox Tray.
7. The peacock panel was matted with the same blue cardstock, and adhered inside the main section of the tray with Zip Dry Adhesive by Beacon®. Several Swarovski® crystals were adhered as embellishments using the Beacon® Dazzle Tac.
8. The remaining sections of the Peacock Background were cut into thin strips and adhered along the edge of the framework of the tray, for a bit more pizzazz.
The end result has so much texture and color pop, that I can hardly wait to create another using some of the other Radiant Neon Amplify™ inks from Imagine Craft/Tsukineko®...and Dreamweaver Stencils by Stampendous, of course!
Haven't seen enough? Head on over to these blogs...
Louise Healy (Imagine Crafts, DW)
Laura Drahozal (Imagine Crafts, DW)
Lea Fritts (New Catalog, DW)
Pam Bray (New Catalog, DW)
Kristine Reynolds (Catalog, DW)
Amy Hurley-Purdie (New Catalog, DW)
Alison Heikkila (New Catalog, DW)
*References a quote from "This is Spinal Tap: The Movie".