Thursday, October 22, 2015

Dreamweaver Thursday: Messy Mixes with Nathalie Kalbach Studio by Stampendous

Whether you love or hate to get messy, this week we have something for everyone! The Stampendous team are featuring our licensed artist, Nathalie Kalbach, and some of her amazing designs that Stampendous has created for the artist in all of us. As with any of our hops, there will be great prizes, like these...


And, yes, there are rules for those who'd love to win! You can find all of the details HERE on the Stampendous blog.

As a reminder, today is also Dreamweaver Thursday, so you'll see a bit of that mixed in has well! Here is what I have to share with you for today...


I went a bit crazy creating this cork box full of notecards, all with a mix of Nathalie's "Marks" set, Dreamweaver Stencils' I Beams and Feather stencils, plus their Glossy Black Paste, all from Stampendous, and plenty of paints, inks, cord, and Fran•tagé Accessories. It looks as though it might be tricky, but actually it is quite simple, and would make an awesome gift for male or female friends.


The base for the cards are horizontal sets from Canvas Corp, which is a fun alternative to a normal note card. Each has been stamped with the "X"es the smaller borders in Onyx or Satin Red Versafine. The sentiments are from the Stampendous Perfectly Clear Happy Thoughts, and the torn corners have been brushed with VersaMark ink and embossed with Aged Black Embossing Enamel. Each card has been run through my embossing machine with the Dreamweaver Feather stencil, and the surface has been brushed back and forth with a large stencil brush and Sepia VersaFine ink to catch the edges of the design. More of my stash of Buttons Galore & More buttons were added to this project, with black cording looped, wrapped and tied.


The envelopes were stamped as well, being careful not to have the design where addressing will need to go. And now for the box itself...


The lid was paste-embossed in Dreamweaver Glossy Black using the I Beams stencil design, and set aside to dry. Meanwhile...


The sides of the box were stamped with Onyx ink for the "X"es, and the plastic stencil that comes generously in the package with Nathalie's "Marks" set, was sponged through using red acrylic paint around all four sides. When the paste on the lid was dry, the smaller circle border pattern was stamped with the same paint. (Note: I rarely put the stamps on an acrylic handle when I'm working on a project like this as I feel I can catch all of the surface better just pressing with my finger tips. It's messier, but then I don't mind getting a bit messy on occasion. Just ask the girl that does my manicures!)


Onyx and Sepia inks were daubed over the box as well, and the corners were brushed with VersaMark and sprinkled and embossed with the Aged Black Fran•tagé Enamels. On each side of the lid, cutouts were created in order to wrap and tie the black cording with this awesome textured button on the lid. The end result is a unique and beautiful gift for a special friend.

Here's your opportunity to visit more of the team's blogs for our week with Nathalie...


Lea Fritts (DW)



Pam Bray (DW)







21 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Speechless- so cooooool - I love the box and the cards- I wouldn't mind having that in my stationary stack. Love it. Thank you so much Pam!

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh I love these grungy cards and all their texture and that wrapped button! WOW!

Jean said...

Wow -amazing! Just love this!

Stampendous said...

WOW, this set is AMAZING! I LOVE that you went crazy what and awesome set of notecards and that box is so COOL! Thank you for sharing your project today!

Mary Holshouser said...

I love that stamp set. This was the first time I remember seeing it and it's worked into so many projects so nicely.
thanks for sharing a wonderful box.
Illinois

Sue D said...

Great set of cards and box. I like the buttons.
Sue in Ohio

Viki Banaszak said...

This is a great set. Did you get the box like that, meaning the cork or did you add cork to a regular box? Love it and the beautiful cards.

Viki Banaszak said...

Oops I forgot again...Viki from Kansas

Lyn Bernatovich said...

LOVE this project Pam, especially the color combinations. It has a cool desert southwest feel to it that appeals to me.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Your box is crazy and super cool at the same time. Love the pattern choices. TFS
Teresa from California

Becca Yahrling said...

Awesome set! You did a fabulous job.
Becca from Florida

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Fun-freaking-tastic! Love this box and every single card!
Leigh from Calfornia!

Unknown said...

My gosh!! You really went all out! I love this set!! I've never seen a cork box(really need to get out more, LOL) TYFS such an awesome project!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh! Wow, beautiful work!! This altered box and notecard set are sooo cool! I love these stamps and they work perfectly for both the cards and the box. As does the dreamweaver stencil! Awesome job!! Great ideas. :) Thanks for sharing.

Katie B. (USA)

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS project Pam!!!
Your cards, matching envelopes and box look SO COOL - LOVE the design and colours!!!
THANK YOU for sharing :)
Tracy from Victoria, Australia

barbara macaskill said...

I love making notecard sets and gifting them! I add stamps a pen or two and some extra slips of paper in case the recipient wants to write a longer note.
Your set is quite amazing and the box is the showstopper! TFS!

Sabrina said...

Fabulous set of note cards!!

D.Ann C said...

WoW - what a cool box of notecards! FL

McStamper said...

What a great idea. Wonderful project. (Texas)

Unknown said...

Great idea! The notecards are wonderful and I love the box too!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful box and cards ..Now I inspired to try this.