Dreamweaver: Frilly and Fabulous for February!

Break out the frou frou! For the month of February, the Dream Team are going Frilly and Fabulous! Vintage, retro, or modern, adding extra charm with fun Fran•tagé products from Stampendous, ribbons and lace from May Arts, buttons, crystals, charms, or even creating your own dimensional decor! A snippet or a pile, whatever your creative heart desires! Remember to link your creations using the Inlinkz tool on the Dream It Up! blog for a chance to win the stencil of your choice! Bonus points for using Dreamweaver and/or Stampendous product in your work of heart.

Here's what I've been playing with:

Sometimes in the process of creativity, accidents happen. It's up to you how you view your "oops" moment. I chose to go with it.

This banner was created on a base of cotton canvas paper. One side is pre-coated and ready to create with. I chose to use a palette knife to apply a swipe of Dreamweaver Matte Black Embossing Paste in a thin layer over the canvas. When dry, I placed the Open Heart stencil over the top, and applied Crackle Embossing Paste over the design. Normally, the Crackle works perfectly over the Matte paste, but for some reason, it wanted to crack and peel off, which was quite annoying...until I thought, "hmmm". So, I played some more. I used a dauber to apply VersaMark ink over the surface carefully before sprinkling with Stampendous Deep Impressions Clear embossing powder. After heating this. I spritzed over the entire canvas with Dreamweaver Memories Mists in Pink Lemonade and Mango Lemonade, and let the colors run. I sopped up a bit of the ink with some cotton ribbon, paper flowers, and strips of lace, and set these aside to dry as well. At this point, I still was uncertain as to how my peeling sections would stay put, so I brushed over all with Beacon Fast Finish, letting it ooze underneath and around. After drying (doesn't take long), I stamped the Stampendous Cling Contract and the Follow Your Art sentiment with Black StazOn ink over the canvas and on one paper flower. Holes were punched at the top to allow for the ribbon to tie a painted dowel to the top.  The lace was adhered and brushed with Fast Finish to hold its shape, and the flowers were layered and adhered, with a brad fastener inserted in the center.

Once completed, I was quite pleased with my banner. The cracked and peeling sections added dimension and interest, and let's face it...everyone has had a cracked heart at some point in their lives!


For more frilly fun, visit the "B" team:







Comments

BurningRubber said…
WOW! That is an incredible banner.
LynB said…
There's no way I could have guessed the process of the heart stencil. Thanks for sharing as I really LOVE the result!!!!!
Pam said…
That's fabulous! Love how you just went with what it was. Look how it turned out so beautifully!
I made a mixed media card front and used embossing paste for the heart on my bird. It cracked also. So yest it does happen. This is a beautiful project. Love it.

Barb Housner

Popular posts from this blog

Woodware: Let's Hear it for the Boys!

Woodware Sketch 52: Pretty Pretty, Pretty Much!

House Mouse Designs® with Friends Across the "Pond"