Monday, August 11, 2014

Dreamweaver and Woodware: Christmas in August-Day Two


Yes! It's that time of year again! The time when we inspire crafters on both sides of the "pond" with a mix of both Dreamweaver and Woodware UK* products for the holidays! Six days, SIX, of beautiful, elegant, merry, cute, artsy, and craftsy projects to have you heading out to your local stores or internet sites to buy these goodies immediately!


Of course, there will be prizes as well. Three prize packages will be given to three commenters during this week's posts on the team's blogs, including five stencils and one nested die set. You can have an opportunity to win these goodies by leaving some holiday sweetness for each team member posting each day, to be one of the three winners for the week. Here are the team members that are inspiring you today:

Pam Hornschu
Gill Wilson 
Jamie Martin
Debs Frost
 Jane the Flower Girl

Here's my creation: 


When I was over in the UK in July, Dorothy gave me a few packs of Woodware "Chippies"...chipboard shapes that come in a wide variety. As you can tell, she really had to twist my arm to use the Snowflakes and the Christmas set! My studio space will never be the same again. Chippies, Stampendous Encrusted Jewel Kits, and of course, Dreamweaver stencils and paste...it's everywhere. Even the cats are sparkling! It was quite addictive!

I punched out the shapes that I wanted to use. Many of them I paste-embossed the four snowflake designs from Dreamweaver in either white or silver, or inked with pigment white or silver ink, and embossed with Stampendous Royal Blue Tinsel, Spoonful of Snow, Spoonful of Silver, and Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel. The wet pastes were sprinkled with these items as well, and heated immediately in the technique that Dreamweaver calls "Molten Magic". It truly is magic, as it bubbles up with great texture, and all that sparkle on top becomes instant jewels! I didn't even stop at the punched out "Chippies". There were two extra large negative portions from the two giant snowflakes that were screaming to be decorated as well...so I did! One of them I inked all over in silver ink and heat set it. Then I placed the Dreamweaver Crusade stencil over the top, inked again with a sponge dauber, and poured Stampendous Royal Blue Tinsel Embossing Powder over the design. The end result adds to the "crystal" effect of snowflakes! Awesome! I took all of my parts and pieces and adhered them over a styrofoam wreath that I'd wrapped in Deco Mesh and glittery tulle. A jumbo blue May Arts ribbon bow was added, big sparkly pompoms, and the final touch? A large tag with just the "merry" portion from the Dreamweaver Jumbo Merry Christmas stencil paste-embossed and decorated in the same way as the snowflakes! This wreath gives new meaning to the "winter blues"!


*For a stockist near you contact Woodware Craft Collection in the UK and Notions Marketing in the USA.

 

18 comments:

Heather said...

WOW, those colors are beautiful, What a great home decor. Great winter colors. you can have that up all season long.

Denise Bryant said...

This is so pretty! I love the layering and the sparkle! So very festive!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, and very clever to use the negative waste as well as the actual snowflake chippies.

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Stunning! I love the colours. Jx

Elena C said...

I'm with you Pam...the more sparkle, the better...on cats too!!! I can see this hanging on your door in a few months. Beautiful job!!!

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Lovely colours and sparkle, jx

ionabunny said...

Love this. Blue and glitter. Perfect. I like the big merry

CraftyJo said...

Beautiful, you can't beat a bit of sparkle!

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

My favorite winter colors.. not a traditional christmas color person at all!!! Love your wreath...

Diane said...

Fabulous wreath Pam and nice to see you used the snowflake waste as well !!

hugs Diane xx

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely Pam! Beautiful color choices and mixing fabrics, positive and negative 'chippies' and using the partial word merry from the stencil for the tag.

Janice K said...

A gorgeous wreath, love all the bling details!x

Susanne said...

Wow what a work of art. Love how you have done your snowflakes, very Chrismassy :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to have this hanging on my door!

craftymom205 said...

Love the wreath.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Viki Banaszak said...

That is such a gorgeous wreath. Perfect amount of sparkly goodness.

Cazzy said...

This is gorgeous, I must try and find one of these rings before Christmas!

Cazzy x

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

wonderful wreath!