Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Woodware UK Sketch Challenge #11



Hooray! It's the April sketch challenge for Woodware UK. The sketch, as seen at left, was actually a challenge for me. Just too symmetrical for me normally, but I found a way to work with it.

My two rectangular panels at the top and bottom, were run through my Big Shot Pro with the Dreamweaver Stencils' Paisley with the ink transfer method. I applied Purple Sage Yink over the surface of the stencil, spritzed the back of the cardstock panel with a little water to soften the fibers, and placed this on top of the stencil.  The embossing mat and two clear acrylic plates went on top. The process transfers the ink color to the panel at the same time as embossing the design.

The two smaller panels were also run through the Big Shot to emboss the Dreamweaver Stencils' Butterfly. I applied Versamark ink over the raised area of the design, and used bonding powder to heat and create a sticky surface. Then I placed panels of purple foil shiny side up over the surface, smoothed it down, and ran the panels through my hot laminator machine. When you pull off the foil carrier, the foiling remains on the design.

To break up the overly symmetrical design, I embossed three small Frangipani, cut them out, bent the petals for dimension, inked the edges, and added some rhinestone bling.

I would not exactly call the whole procedure CAS, but each step was simple, and the end result was precisely what I was hoping for.

Remember to check the Woodware UK blog to see how the rest of the team interprets this sketch, and then be sure to play along with us this month for an opportunity to win a fabulous prize!




1 comment:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

This is gorgeous Pam....for the UK huh? Nice!