Dreamweaver Stencil's "May Flowers" challenge this month? We are down to the final week in this challenge, so I really wanted to provide a happy project to encourage more to play along with us...like YOU!
Ever have a creative idea in your head, that amazingly turns out just the way you planned? This project was mine. I had bought several of these darling unfinished wood birdhouses at JoAnn's for $1 each. They are about 5" tall and 4" wide, the perfect size to have a little fun with...and I did. I broke out a few of my Ranger products...Adirondack Paint Daubers In White and Pool, Claudine Helmuth Studio Acrylic Paint in Yellow Pastel, and Enamel Accents in White. Those Paint Daubers are soooo awesome! Great way to paint items without breaking out all the messy supplies. Here is what I did:
1) I daubed, swiped, and brushed on the Pool and Pastel Yellow paints.
2) I "white washed" over the surface by dry-brushing white paint over the surface.
3) I distressed the edges with a sanding block.
4) Using the Black Eyed Susans stencil from Dreamweaver Stencils, I taped it onto the flat side of the roof with removable tape. I stenciled the design with the Pastel Yellow, pouncing off excess paint before pouncing paint into the design in an up and down motion, to avoid getting paint under the stencil bridges.
5) I wanted to stencil the Bird Words onto the front of the house, but let's face it, the design of the house was not going to let that happen. So, here is what I did...I stenciled the words onto a piece of thin tissue paper. I traced the outline of the house and the heart opening, and cut out the piece of tissue. Then I coated the front with Beacon Adhesives Fast Finish Decoupage, placed the tissue on top, and brushed more decoupage over the top.
6) I added little white dots of Enamel Accents to the roof.
7) Some ribbons and Prima flowers with a glitter brad were the finishing touch.
Remember we want YOU to play along with us with our challenges. Break out those floral stencils, etc., and create something only YOU can. Either link your creation to the Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog, or email a picture of your creation to Lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com. We love it when you play along, so we post your creations on the Dream It Up! blog, as well as the Dreamweaver Stencils' Facebook Page (have you LIKED us yet?). Even better, this month TWO people have the opportunity to win one set of these two stencil designs:
For more inspiration, take a wander through the Dream Team's fabulous creations: