Saturday, June 26, 2010

STMC12-Happy 4th Card

Yeah, I know...I've been on a red, white, and blue kick lately! I decided to add to the collection with my version of this week's Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge #STMC12. The sketch layout was designed by team member, Cyndi Bundy, also know as "The Scrappy Chick". For more info on the challenge and the cool prizes you can win by playing along, check out the Stampendous Impressions blogsite. Be sure to visit the rest of the design team as well for more inspiration.
I added my own challenge to this one, as I decided to do another 4th of July card, but I really have no 4th of July specific stamps! I broke out the clear "Mega Birthday" set from Stampendous, and used just the "happy" portion of it. Then I broke out the clear set, "It's A Boy!" Sounds like a stretch, doesn't it? Not really...this set contains lots of stars and stripes for backgrounds, and extra eye candy. Pulled out some of my stash of letters and numbers, punches, and Class A' Peel stickers and it all worked. Sometimes you just need to look at things from a different angle...true in life and true in crafting!
Pam

Perfectly Clear "Mega Birthday" from Stampendous (SSC115)
Perfectly Clear "It's A Boy" from Stampendous (SSC131)
Class A' Peel "Super Stars" from Stampendous (AC676HSS)
White Embossing Powder from Stampendous (EP100)
Warm Red ColorBox Chalk ink from Clearsnap
Frost White ColorBox ink from Clearsnap
Bazzill navy
red linen and white cardstock
print papers (stash)
Chip Chatter chipboard letters
metal numbers
1 3/4 and 2" circle punches

2 comments:

Irene at Gone Scrapbooking said...

Wow, what a fabulous card! Great work!

Scrappychick said...

Love it! Patriotic and funky!!