Sunday, June 13, 2010

Changito BBQ Father's Day Card

I thought I'd make one more Father's Day card using Changito Chef. When we purchased plantation blinds from Home Depot a few years ago, I noticed the trimmed off ends and asked if I could take a handful. Of course, they probably thought I was nuts, but I figured they would be cool to use sometime. It took a couple years, but sometime is here. I used StazOn ink to make sure that the ink would dry and not smear on the finished wood, colored with Fabrico markers and highlighted with a white pen. I wanted to do something fun with the gingham paper, so a pleated it slightly to give the impression of a bib/napkin. The hamburgers in the background and the sentiment are from two oldie-but-goody clear sets.
Hope all the father's in your lives have a smokin' good time this weekend!
Pam

Cling "Changito Chef" from Stampendous (CRV154)
Perfectly Clear "Holiday Words" from Stampendous (SSC216)
Perfectly Clear "Holiday Chicks" from Stampendous (SSC218)
Black StazOn ink from Tsukineko
ArtPrint Brown Memories ink
Fabrico Markers from Tsukineko
 white gel pen
Bazzill green cardstock
white and kraft cardstock
red gingham print paper
twine, large brad fastener, wood slat end
double-sided foam adhesive
deckle scissors

1 comment:

wendyp said...

COOL idea with the pieces of wood blinds! loving how you used the pattern paper to look like a napkin. Super cute card!!!