Dream-Pendous Collaboration Week: Final Day and Big Hop!
Welcome to another "Dream-Pendous" week of inspiration! The Stampendous team and the Dreamweaver team are collaborating once again with all the fun toys in both team's arsenal. Of course, as usual, there will be great prizes available for those who comment throughout this week. In face there will be three prize packages available to win. Each will have a great selection of Dreamweaver Stencils and Stampendous images and dies...one of which being the new "Blossom Beauty" face image as shown on the badge above.
Here is my creation for today:
First I covered my canvas in black acrylic paint and let dry. I applied a layer of Dreamweaver Crackle Embossing Paste over the surface about 1/8" thick, and let dry. I planned out loosely how I wanted to divide the space according to the products that I wanted to use. I mixed acrylic paints with a bit of water, and painted the areas. Dry time once again.
Meanwhile, I tore out a page from an old dictionary, and sprayed Dreamweaver Memories Mists Margarita through the Large Dots stencil. It was quickly dry, so I wiped Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Picket Fence over the surface to tone it down a bit...and let it dry. (See a trend here?) I added more of the white paint where I intended to stamp the Blossom Beauty face, and when both of those were dry, I swiped Tsukineko Brilliance ink over the facial details. I used the mask that comes with the stamp set to mask her off before stamping two of the Blossom that comes with the set. A bit of black paint in the centers, and the stamped message finished off this portion, so I set it aside.
On another section of the canvas, I paste-embossed the Dreamweaver Black Eyed Susans stencil with Glossy White paste and...set that aside to dry. Just a note here...you can dry the paste much more quickly if you place it on top of a warm electric griddle or toaster oven for about a half hour. However, I wasn't concerned as I still had plenty to keep my busy!
Normally, if I'm wanting to add a stamped or stenciled image on a rough or curved surface, I would apply the design on tissue paper, and then decoupage it onto the surface, but I was out of tissue paper...except leftovers from Christmas...not a good idea. So, I used a leftover napkin from a fast food chain! Stamped with Black Memento ink, the Seed Background and the Songbird designs looked perfect, not a bit of bleed! I brushed on a bit of Beacon Fast Finish Decoupage over the canvas section, placed the torn and stamped piece on top, and brushed more over the top. The napkin disappears into the surface! I added a bit of watered down paint on the bird, and let that dry. Following this same process, I applied the previous Blossom Beauty panel onto its section of the canvas, and let that dry. I finished that panel off with a Glossy Black pasted corner design.
The bottom section was lightly ink-stenciled with the Dreamweaver Hexagons and black ink, before more boldly ink-stenciling the Small Branch. Now, supposedly everything is dry, and I can finish this off. All sections were ink-distressed around the edges and over the embossing. A couple of distressed paper flowers, a button, and a Dreamweaver Small Branch die cut were added for dimension. Using a bit of Gem Tac, I adhered sprinkles of Stampendous Color Fragments in Teal and Chiffon. My final detail was to use my black Copic marker to add some fun separations.
Please visit the team's players for our final day, and leave comments as you go!