Dreamweaver Stencils: Summertime Sand and Sun!
1) Peel backing from panel of double-sided mounting paper, and adhere to cardstock panel.
2) Remove backing from DSMP on front.
3) Rub back of stencil with Hawaiian Coconut Soap (this is the best soap for this process, and smells like the beach!). Brush away any hanging soap crumbs, and carefully place stencil on adhesive paper. Use a section of the backing to press stencil on to adhesive surface. Don't touch with fingers as this could prevent the powders from sticking to the adhesive later.
4) For the Scales panel, I just water-falled the powders in stripes of colors. For the Sandcastle, be more careful in placement, or use a small spoon or diagonally cut straw end to apply powders. Rub the powders in for good coverage. Brush away excess.
5) Place panels face down, and pull panel off of stencil, keeping stencil on flat surface to prevent bending.
6) Pour contrasting color of powder over panels. Flick off excess. Heat with heat tool to melt.
For the Summer panel, I rubbed acetate with talcum powder to prevent static cling. I ink-stenciled with Versamark, applied the Distress Powders*, and heated carefully. You can then use a damp towel to wipe away powder residue.
In case you're not quite ready to wipe the sand from your toes, I suggest you visit the blogs of our "B" team for their summer fun creations, and leave some extra love for our guest designer, Wendy Price!
We'd love for you to play along with our monthly challenges! Just link your creation on the linkytool on the Dream It Up! blog, or email pics to email@example.com, for a random chance to win the monthly prize. Be sure to like us on Facebook as well!
*Ranger Distress Powder color used: Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain