Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Woodware UK: Around the World

I just love it when a plan comes together...quickly. I woke up this morning with a brain flash that I had forgot to create something for the Woodware UK challenge this week. I scrambled out of bed, whizzed up my green smoothie (trying to eat healthier), and rushed upstairs to get to it. Of course, waiting on my computer was a slight hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, from Dorothy...our sweet, wonderful, fearless team leader...um, yeah. "I'm on it", I told her, as I rapidly pulled out a mega pile of Stampendous new travel stamps in both clear and cling format, scooped up several ink pads, sheets of recycled cardstock, and my handy dandy score tool. Oh, yes, by the way...the challenge is Around the World, hence the travel stamps.

I knew exactly what I wanted to create...a travel satchel for holding all the little bits from my trip to London, Birmingham, and Dublin. While I was there I tried each day to send myself a postcard from wherever we were that day, with the British postage (they really have cool postage). I wanted a place to tuck all of these postcards, plus the Underground tube map, the bus maps, tickets, business cards from places we visited.

I scored cardstock like a mad woman, down the sides to form pockets, through the center to create an accordion fold for standing up, and an extra pocket to go on the outside flap. I swiped brown ink all over the edges for a distressed look, and then broke out the stamps. These are awesome travel images. So many iconic images, along with wonderful sentiments perfect for those who love to travel. I used them all randomly, and for the purrfect addition, I added Catifur Columbus on the front. Yes, you read that correctly. Those Stampendous people love their puns...good or not-so-good.

Remember to see what the other traveling team members have created for this week's challenge on the Woodware UK blog. Visit your local stores as listed HERE to purchase these items, or if you are in the USA, you can purchase from the Stampendous site.

Supplies:
Stampendous Perfectly Clear Air Travel and Baggage Claim sets
Stampendous Cling Catifur Columbus, Old World Globe, Suitcase World, Better Travel
Woodware Recycled Cardstock
Dye inks in brown, black, orange, rust, navy
hook and loop fastener dots
Spellbinder rectangle die
Woodware Groovy Boxmaker and Cardmaker




2 comments:

Dorrie said...

I think this is great, but I just buy the postcards and take them home, what a good idea to post them. Am I dumb or cheap?

Louise said...

This is such a great idea! A travel journal that's all done by the time you get home! I'll have to remember this.