I CRACK MYSELF UP!
Are you excited? You should be! It's Stampendous Saturday again with yet another opportunity for winning blog candy from the team! More info on that further down, but meanwhile...check out the cool technique I used on my Cracked Glass Reindeer Card for the holiday catalog. It features the Stampendous Perfectly Clear Reindeer Swirls, a gorgeous set for creating a large variety of holiday cards, tags, bags, gifts, and decor. The technique used on here is called "Cracked Glass" and has actually been around for about 8-10 years, but recently has made a comeback and become a "new" technique for the
younger generation of stampers. Cool, huh? The process goes like this:
1) I stamped my images on a Nestie die cut oval of subtly patterned paper (not necessary to be patterned) using Rich Cocoa Memento ink.
2) Then I covered the entire oval with Versamark ink before pouring a thick coating of Deep Impressions Clear embossing powder.
3) Use heat tool to melt EP completely. While hot, pour more EP over the surface and heat again. You can repeat this a few times to build up your "glassy" surface.
4) Allow to cool completely. Then bend in several directions to crack the surface. (The paper underneath may tear a little...don't worry, we'll be repairing that in two steps from now.)
5) Sponge the Rich Cocoa Memento ink over the surface, smooshing it into the cracks.
6) Reheat surface with heat tool to seal off the cracks, but leaving the cracked look.
For this particular card, I also stamped the images on the panel of the same paper. When the oval is adhered over the top, it gives the appearance of a clear piece of cracked glass placed over the image. Not necessarily a part of the technique, but I thought it was cool. The rest of the card is self-evident...inking, distressing, fabulous Creative Impressions' ribbon bow...you get the idea.
Now...want to know what the blog candy for this week's post will be? One of my favorites for the holidays...the Perfectly Clear Yule Penguins:
HERE, and what I did with them last year HERE. Just leave a nice comment for me on this post by Friday, August 26th, by 6 PM PT, and YOU could the randomly selected person to win this set of holiday fun. You have other opportunities for blog candy by visiting the other team members who are playing along this week:
Curious as to who won for last week's post?
Billie Dee, please contact me by email at email@example.com with your info, and your wonderful Jumbo Cling Water Lily set will be winging it's way toward you!